Wednesday, July 9, 2008

reading reading reading

I seemed to have regained a passion to read. It is not possible to stop reading completely but my passion was almost effaced by the compositions that I had to mark. Hence, I encourage my fellow colleagues to go to the library, pick a book that interests them and read it. Somehow, the standard of EL in the classroom is pitched at the children's level (primary school) and at times, I would find myself speaking like them and goodness, heading to the carpeted area of the school library! It's not that I dislike picture books, I actually enjoy looking at illustrations - I like colour... Nonetheless I want to see words, to read books that have content and books of my favourite genres. I don't want to keep flipping through fashion and home decor magazines even though I fancy doing so.

And the fuel that keeps me going is... I want to get into the momentum of reading and into the habit of reading so that it will not be a chore to do so when I receive the stacks of reading during the next two years.

But I will still love reading regardless of those stacks!
Fashion, Art, Home Decor, Travel, Nat Geog, Classics, Romance, Novels etc. and even that good o' newspaper =P

No comments: