The examination is finally over (:
I am looking forward to a happy holiday. heh.
Remember the recent music MTV video music awards where Kanye West went up stage and interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance of her award? I thought it was rather rude for him to do so. Little did I know that the the award ceremony, including his interrupting of Swift's acceptance had hidden meanings.
However after some time, I forgot all about the hoo-ha over the music awards. It wasn't significant to me anyway.
Then just last week, I watched Gossip Girl (yes, laugh all you want. I watch such teenage shows can) and the episode featured Lady Gaga and her performance freaked me out. She appeared as herself in the episode because she was hired by Blair (one of the characters) to perform. As soon as she appeared on the screen, I immediately felt that she isn't 'right'. There was this feeling that she isn't just performing to promote music and to promote herself as a singer.
So it got me googling her to find out who she is, and the music that she sings.
The write-up of her on wikipedia shows quite a lot of information on her but I searched more information on her and I found out more about what actually goes on in the music industry. All along, I thought the Beatles and those rock, heavy metal bands were bad enough.
Anyway, if you want to find out more about what goes on in the music industry, do click on the link to this website. I think the author has done a great job in 'exposing' the music scene featuring artistes like Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Alicia Keyes and Jay-Z.
The website is called The Vigilant Citizen. Take time to go through the links in the website. The analysis is pretty substantial. But of course, if you are an ardent fan of these artistes, then I guess you wouldn't want to waste time reading. Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment