Saturday, September 19, 2009

sighing aloud


Lately, I have been going to school, wishing I had more friends to surround me so that I wouldn't feel lonely during breaks. I miss my Dip Ed days where Jos, Raf, Ange, Cal, CherylG and me would hang out during lunch breaks, post-projects and post-examination lunch/dinners. The laughter we produced was enough to make every head turn in the old Swensens at pre-transformed Jurong Point. We shared and even helped each other in our work. If there were any unhappiness, we would talk it out and resolve the issues.

So whenever I see cliques of more than three people, I get nostalgic... and if there's nothing to occupy my mind at that moment, I get pretty upset.

But what's there to do? It seems I can't fit in with the other returning teachers group (but don't get me wrong, they are very friendly, nice and helpful) but as for the crossovers and all, they are already in cliques and they don't seem to want to expand their group. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't accept new people unless I am a fellow 'crossover'. By 'crossover', I mean one who has the chance to go into the degree programme right after your diploma programme, without having to work for a few years.

Pathetic, I know. But I think I will survive somehow.
I have already done so for slightly more than a year, with D and with S. I'll treasure both of you (:

I miss my dip ed friends.

No comments: