Monday, May 11, 2009

highlights in Melbourne

I had a great time in Melbourne, experiencing Fall/Autumn, taking in the beautiful scenery and all the other touristy things that we do. C and I had our meals at nice restaurants and cafes which serve delectable food. Love the cakes and other sweet stuff, especially the sticky date pudding! It is so addictive!

Here's a picture of the dessert:












This is available at The Quarter which serves predominantly mediterranean cuisine. Yummy.

I had Italian food for most of my meals, with the exception of sushi for dinner on my last evening and katsu don for lunch on the second day at Bridge Road.

Shopping at Bridge Road was fun, but because there was not enough time (we had to meet a friend), we did not finish exploring the place. True to what D advised, as we proceeded further up the road, the price of the clothes increased (by a lot). So I did more shopping elsewhere. You can find brands like Supre (their equivalence to Topshop but less colourful because it's Fall now) and the usual Sportsgirl, Cotton On, Diva and even Country Road. Wanted to purchase the canvas bag from C.Road, but it was A$60 which was way expensive for a bag that could easily cost $15 from Singapore. So I settled for one from Sportsgirl - about 30 plus.

There are nice quaint shops at the alleys which we explored. I bought a Blair Waldorf-inspired gray singlet laced top and a gray hair clip at a shop called Kinki Gerlinki at 22 Centre Place. There is another shop that sells clothes from Japan, HK and Korea called Hanabiya at Shop 9 Tivoli Arcade, Bourke Street. I purchased a white racerback top with lace (me and my obsession with singlet tops :P). I can't find their website, or a website providing information about the shop but I did find a friendster website on it. Click on its name if you are interested in finding out more about what it sells. There are other stuff that I bought, like a coat and more tops, accessories, water containers from Starbucks, chocolate, nougat, jam and so on which I am yet to unpack from my luggage.

We did not go to Philip Island to see the penguins or to the Great Ocean Road, but we explored the National Gallery and the Botanical Gardens so I guess that made up the tourist-attraction visiting bit.

I hope to go to Melbourne again! Or perhaps Sydney the next time. In spring/summer.
:)

Pictures of the trip can be found on Facebook, from C's album and mine too.

No comments: