My piano practical examination will be held coming Wednesday! I started preparing for it since mid-October last year... These days, I hardly have time to sit and practise, especially when deadlines for projects loom closer. I gave up practising at my hostel because the touch of the clavinova is not the same as that of an upright examination model (piano), so I would head to the Music Practice Rooms at NIE.
After this examination, I want to focus on techniques, styles and ear training (aural skills), before moving on further grades. I must further develop my musicianship skills because theyare fundamental to being a musician. Singing also requires such skills such as ear training because one has listen to the note, match it (in the head) and then produce the exact note. And did I also mention styles? I aspire to be like Amanda, a girl who stays in the same hall as me... She can listen to any Jazz, Swing, Bossa nova, Classical pieces... pretty much everything actually... and she can just play it almost immediately on the piano. Amazing talent she's got.
ok... back to the tinkling on the piano keys now. Practise. Practise. Practise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment